Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Avocado Shake

Yeah yeah, I know it sounds extremely wierd, but you know what I have had a delicious Avocado Shake at a Vietnamese Pho Shop chain called "Pho So 1" here in Southern California (I go to the one on Van Nuys next to "99 Ranch Market") anyways I woke up this morning and said to myself, "What should I have for breakfast? Oh we have tons of Avocados, I guess I'll make a shake and try to immitate what I had over there. Other cultures consume avocado in a similar way to like Filipinos and I think Indonesians I've even seen these shakes with boba in "Boba" shops which are of Taiwanese origin. For the sake of having my blog more organized and not adding a bunch of extra labels I'm labeling it under "Filipino Beverages" I already have a Filipino label here so I'll use it (unless my Filipina friend goes on a rant that I made it wrong or it isn't suppose to be like that but honestly it's simple milk+ avocado+ sugar +maybe ice= avocado shake)

Well the shake tasted pretty damn good, it was extremely rich (I like that) it is probably sinful to consume but I loved it, I didn't achieve the strong green color of the shake I have at that place, so I went online after making my version and found that some just use 1 avocado, 1 cup crushed ice, and 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk and like it with "Boba" this one sounds best to me, but here is mine.

Serves 1 or 2 (depends I chugged down the whole thing)
Ingredients:
-
1 large ripe Hass Avocado or 3 small Hass Avocado, cut in half scoop out flesh
-1 cup whole milk
-1/2 cup or 1 cup crushed ice
-1/4 cup sugar (to taste because I have a sweet tooth)

Directions:
(1)Place ice, milk, avocado, and sugar in a blender, cover, blend on low first then slowly higher speed until everything is smooth and creamy.

(2)Enjoy!

No comments: