Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Strawberry Bananana Breakfast Shake

This is a shake I drink every single morning before going to school. It's quick, healthy, nutritious, and could hold my appetite until lunch.


Ingredients:
-1 cup whole milk
-1 cup frozen strawberries
-1 banana
-1 scoop whey protein powder (I use brands that do not contain Aspartame as a sweetener or Acesulfame potassium
-2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
-sugar (To taste)
-ice cubes (Enough to produce the desired thickness)

Directions:
-Put everything in blender. I put it in this order: banana, strawberry, milk, protein powder, and flax seed.
-Turn on blender and start blending on low, then work your way up to high. If it doesn't blend good and gets stuck, use a spoon to carefully help it without touching the blade.
-If it is not as thick as you had liked it to be, then you can thicken it by throwing in some ice cubes. I add about 4 of them.



This makes about 2 cups. I chug down the whole thing!

No comments: